Sew What Forum
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Donnieclark Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 1:47:00 PM(UTC)
Donnieclark

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello,

I'm officially coming around to having a proper sewing table with a recess for the machine and whatnot. After looking at Arrow, Kangaroo, Horn, and Koala, I've decided to investigate hardwood options. I live in the Chicago suburbs and, bizarrely, have yet to find a dealer who carries hardwood sewing cabinets any closer than Milwaukee, so if I want to see a cabinet in person it's going to be a bit of a hike. I'd rather do my due diligence and rule things in or out before making that kind of trip. (Also, anybody know of a dealer in Chicagoland?)

I've looked at Gristmill and Unique Sewing Cabinets--is there another maker I should look at? Anybody care to share opinions and experience with those makers? Did you go through a dealer or directly to the maker? (Do the MSRPs on Unique's website reflect reality?)

For the record, I'm basically looking for a desk-like cabinet/table, where there's a recess for my Janome 6600, a couple drawers, a shelf to hold my serger and smaller machine, and a rear drop leaf. I'm not particularly interested in an electric/air lift.

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:

https://sewing.patternreview.com/SewingDiscussions/topic/92867

2d animation